The laboratory mission in the broad sense is to contribute to:
During academic year 2004 the laboratory was composed of two faculty members. Current research interests include:
- Theoretical Aspects of Performance Evaluation of Computer and Communications Systems
- Tools and Techniques for the Performance Evaluation of Computer and Communications Systems
- Applications to Computer and Communications Systems : Evaluations and Performance
- Performance evaluation of network system: Using mathematical analysis we study how to evaluate network systems, such as streaming services. Especially, we showed the optimum scheduling of streaming service.
- Performance evaluation of computer security system: Evaluating security systems in network is becoming very important. We use mathematical model, representing such systems as public key infrastructure, computer virus and denial of service attack, to evaluate the security systems on network.
- Performance evaluation of bioinformatics: Bioinformatics deals with huge amount of data. The eAEciency of the data processing is one of the crucial points in bioinformatics. By evaluating current methods, we can improve the efficiency of the tools used in bioinformatics. Also we proposed nouvelle